There are 3 types of COVID-19 tests being offered by SRx: rapid antigen, rapid molecular PCR, and RT-PCR
Antigen tests detect bits of proteins on the surface of the virus called antigens. Antigen tests are used for screening purposes only.
- A rapid antigen test is available at SRx. A trained individual will take a fluid sample by swabbing the inside of your nostrils. Your test sample is analyzed on-site and your results will be ready in 15-20 minutes. A result report will be provided.
Molecular tests, also known as nucleic acid amplification testing (NAAT), detect the virus’s genetic material. A molecular test is the most reliable and accurate test for detecting active infection. It can be used for diagnosis when a person has signs or symptoms of COVID-19, and for screening when a person has no symptoms (asymptomatic) but may have been exposed to the virus.
- A rapid molecular PCR test, is offered at SRx with results provided within 15 minutes. A trained individual will take a fluid sample by swabbing the inside of your nostrils. Your test sample is analyzed on-site and does not need to be sent to a laboratory. A result report will be provided.
- A RT- PCR test is also offered at SRx with results provided in 24-48hrs. A trained individual will take a fluid sample by swabbing the inside of your nostrils. Your test sample will be sent to a laboratory to be analyzed. Results will be emailed to you in the days following your test.
- You can find a list of provinces and testing locations here.
- It’s our pleasure to accommodate testing whenever possible. Please contact the location nearest to you in the event the booking calendar is full or you require weekend appointments.
- We equally welcome last minute appointments (similar to walk-ins), however ask that you call the testing site
prior to arrival.
- Cancellation policies are detailed within the online calendar booking system.
Requirements for travel are changing frequently and each destination is different. Most countries require proof of a negative COVID-19 test as part of your travel.
Check information provided by governments and health authorities for the latest entry requirements for all countries you’re visiting or connecting through.
If you are required to get a COVID-19 test, familiarize yourself with these important steps:
Please note that it is your responsibility to check and confirm entry requirements for your destination in order to book the appropriate test.
Know when to take your test
- If your test is taken outside of the time frame allowed by your destination, you may not be able to board your flight. Find your testing time frame.
Allow enough time to get the results
- Check with your testing entity to understand how long it typically takes to get your test result.
Know what type of test your destination requires
- There are many test types. Some countries only accept PCR or other molecular tests. Antigen tests are not widely accepted, but are accepted by some countries like the United States.
- Many countries require that test results include information like test date, time zone, lab address, and your date of birth. Find out the accepted test and documentation for entry.
You can get a COVID-19 test at SRx if you meet all of the following:
- Not currently experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (contact an assessment center and/or seek medical attention if you have symptoms)
- Have not been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Have not been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days per the federal quarantine requirements
- Have not received a COVID Alert app exposure notification
If you test negative on a rapid PCR or rapid antigen test: A negative test (and no symptoms) means you probably did not have COVID-19 at the time of the test.
If you test positive on a rapid antigen test: A positive test is considered a preliminary positive. You must contact Public Health and get a follow-up PCR test immediately (within 48 hours) to confirm the result. Go to a COVID-19 Assessment Center to find a designated testing centre near you.
If you test positive on a rapid PCR test: You must contact Public Health and get a follow-up lab-based PCR test immediately (within 48 hours) to confirm the result.
If you test positive on a RT-PCR test: You must contact Public Health to inform them of the result
Discounts/Exclusive partner pricing is applied at time of service.